Ask a Urologist   »  

Pus cell and albumin found in child's urine. Should I be worried for urine infection?

General Surgeon
Hi, I am XXXXXXX My 7 months old daughter has urine infection ( Pus cell 25-30 and albumin found in her urine). Is it serious kind of infection? How can this type of urine infection be controlled and what is its home remedy? what should be ideal food habits to my daughter in this cases to prevent further infection in future?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

In children urinary tract infection is kind of serious and should be treated immediately as it can lead to kidneys failure. For sure it should not be treated with home remedies. Antibiotics treatment is necessary. You should consult your doctor. Urine culture should be performed and abdominal ultrasound to rule out kidney reflux.
Moreover, if such infection will appear again, further diagnostics is necessary.
For now, she should drink more mineral water, and antibiotics should be ordered. If fever appears, Paracetamol should be also given.

Please do not treat it with home remedies.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.