Pus and blood filled bump on arm. What could be causing this?

ENT Specialist
A few weeks ago I had a bump on my arm that started off like a small ant bite. After a few day after scratching it got bigger and had alot of pus and blood coming out when I popped it. It has now gone away and I just have a scab XXXXXXX but now I have two more bumps that have appered on the same arm. I also had a bump that appeared on my butt as well and when that one popped it was the same thing. What could this possibly be?
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 32 minutes later

I have gone through your complain regarding bump. As I understand you developed a lump in your armpit which gradually increases in size & latter on it bursts out by discharging lots of pus mixed with blood. After 2 weeks similar type of bump (lesion) appear on the same site.

After considering your problem it seems that you have recurrent lymphadenitis with abscess. Lymph nodes are inflammed and attached to each other. We have to find the reason for this. Some of the common reason are TB, Staph and streptococcal infections etc.

You are advised to go for following investigations
1- X-ray chest (PA view)
2- culture & sensitivity of discharging pus
3- FNAC from bump (lesion) in your armpit

You are advised to consult your physician for your clinical examination & co-relation of inferences of advised investigation to reach a final diagnosis then only correct line of treatment can be planned.