Purplish, swollen, inflamed vagina tissue. No discharge or lesion

May 2013
My tissue of the vagina is sloughing off - it's swollen, inflamed and varies from silver to purplish. I have no discharge or lesion although the purple sloughing sometimes bleeds and the skin breaks
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Examination needed

Detailed Answer:
According to your description, the possibilities are :
- Vaginal infection
-Allergic reaction to things like vaginal tampons and that might have led to sloughing of the tissue.
If the tampon is left in place for long periods, that can lead to severe reactions.
-Sometimes atopic dermatitis of the vulval tissue can lead sloughing of the tissue.
But this usually won't affect the vaginal mucosal tissue.
Better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the exact cause of the problem.
If she recommends go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.
Depending on the report further treatment can be planned.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.