Purple veins in nipples, severe sweating, neck pain, smoker

ENT Specialist
overnight i noticed the veins in my nipples are purple...I nevar even noticed I had veins !!!! !yhis is sudden. I also have had severe sweating and a pain in my neck and ear. I am 62 ,,,smoke...
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 48 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Yes all these symptoms may point towards some cardiac involvement, and not necessarily that it was a MI ( heart attack), there are many causes for this like Angina pectoris, or silent Myocardial infarction.

Well, please dont wait,preferably go to an ER today itself.

Consult a cardiologist too, and get the following investigations done like

1- ECG
2 2-D ECHO.
3- Lipid profile.
4-- Cardiac markers.
5-X XXXXXXX PA view chest.
6- General blood picture.

In case you have cardiac cause then the treatment plan will be angiography, it is a diagnostic invasive technique to find out the level of blockage of coronary vessels.

Its really good that you noticed the symptoms well in time, dont worry, just go to ER.

Hope this answer will help you and I am ready for future follow ups (if any).