Purple spot on neck. Had stomach virus and sore throat. Should I be concerned?

I just noticed a very small purplish colored spot on my neck. I have had a stomach virus for a few days that seems to have subsided and also s minor sore throat that is doing better. Should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
The stomach virus and sore throat havent got any direct relation to the spot on your neck. Those you need not worry about.They should run themselves out.
There are several skin conditions that appear as purplish discoloration on the skin.
Now most are harmless but its always in one's best interest to rule out the possibility of a serious condition.
Some of the common causes are birth marks,lupus, skin cancer, diabetes, vascular malformations. It would be advisable that you monitor it and have it looked at by a dermatologist.