Purple heat spots appear near C-section incision when in sun, not painful, numbness. Cause for concern?

Hi I had a c-section 2 1/2 months ago. When I am in the sun and heat purple spots appear about two inches above my incision. They do not hurt but are very dark purple and it is over a spot where I am still somewhat numb from the surgery. What might these spots be and are they cause for concern?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Your problem seems to be related to the surgery rather tham the sun light.
It is possible that you were having the discoloration due to surgical bruises which remained covered with dressing or cloth till now and was not noticeable and now when you are out in the sun due to improved visibility it has become noticeable.
Surgical bruises do not need any treatment and resolve by themselves.
Or it may be some thing totally new if it was not there during post operative period.
Please load a photograph of the discoloration spots in a follow up query so that I can decide if it not a surgical bruise.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.