Purple burn marks on neck which are dry and itchy. What is the cure?

I woke up this morning and the back of my neck has marks that resemble purples burn marks and are dry and itchy, ehat are the causes and cures for this skin problem.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is most likely insect bites

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns.

The purple, dry and itchy marks are most likely due to insect bites.

These marks will disappear in 3-4 days' time.

Apply soothing lotion, such as Lactocalamine lotion, on it, 3-4 times daily. Take anti-allergic tablets like Levocet 5mg twice daily for 3-4 days. It will heal soon.

Just in case, the lesions increase in size, add Tab Wysolone 10mg thrice daily for 2-3 days only.

Don't worry ! It is nothing serious.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal