Puppy nipped while grabbing and punctured skin, slightly bleeding. Weak immunity because of chemotherapy. Could I have tetanus shot?

Hi my puppy nipped me whilst grabbing a great 4 days ago and punctured skin slightly bled for seconds. I have weakened immunity because of chemotherapy and although am showing no signs of infection am now worried I should have had a tetanus shot is it too late 4 days later.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Tetanus shot can be taken at any time. Thus if you feel that the tetanus shot will be beneficial to you, then you can take it now also. Anyways it will protect you in future from tetanus.

We also need to figure out if it is needed. Thus if you can tell me: when did you get the last tetanus shot?

Dr Vaishalee