Pupils not contracting, getting dizziness while turning sides. What could it be?

Nov 2013

my pupils will not constrict and I get dizzy when I turn over on my right side in bed and occasionally when I turn to my right while standing
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause of your symptoms is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo- a type of peripheral vertigo. It is not a serious condition and there is no need to worry.

Treatment consists of betahistine tablets for relief of symptoms, and vestibular adaptation exercises to prevent the recurrence of symptoms. These exercises can be learnt under the guidance of a physiotherapist.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: