Punched a wall and hand is badly bruised. Swollen when carrying anything. Having pins and needles, turns blue. Suggest a solution?

Hi, I punched a wall a month or so ago, my hand was badly bruised but not broken. But now every time I carry a shopping bag, a basket or even just use it a lot it swells up, I get pins and needles and then it goes a blue colour! Any answer would be great thanks.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Look for nerve injury.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem it would be very difficult to point out a diagnosis but still we can discuss . Since you tell about pins and needles sensation there is a possibility of nerve injury . The swelling can be due to local injury leading to blood stasis which appears blue in colour .

I advise you to see an orthopaedician immediately , get a venous doppler of your hand done . May be MRI wrist will be required for determining the etiology.

Kindly seek medical advise at earliest .

Dr. Shruti