Pulsing in arms and legs, sore muscles, nerve conduction study ok. Help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I HAVE PULSING SENSATION IN ARMS AND LEGS AND SORE MUSCLES I HAD A NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY .WAITING FOR A MRI SCAN DOCTOR SAY NERVES OK BUT I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM.FEEL DESPERATE CAN YOU HELP THANKS
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Pulsing sensation in arms and legs could be due to nerve irritation at the spinal cord level. You are getting MRI done to rule this out.
The other causes can be methylcobalamin deficiency, electrolyte imbalance and psychogenic cause. You need to get these causes ruled out by simple tests under the guidance of your physician. Till then you can have Vitamin B complex supplements and see if these improve.
Sore muscles are seen due to myositis usually. It needs comprehensive investigations to find out the cause. For symptomatic relief you can start taking tylenol or motrin after consulting with your physician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pulsing in arms and legs, sore muscles, nerve conduction study ok. Help? 7 hours later
what is a psychogenic cause

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Psychogenic causes refer to the problem in mind and thinking. These causes are considered when all the organic causes have been ruled out and the problem is persistent. You can consult a Psychiatrist to rule out this component.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.