Pulsing below the right eye cheek bone, knee and inner thigh. Should immediate treatment be taken?

hi i have been experiencing small intervals of pulsing just under my right eye cheek bone i also experience the same on my left just above the knee on the inner thigh.i know it is something abnormal but is it something to be worried about and is there anything to treat such condition?
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A noticeable vein under the eye and on thigh is enough to cause distress. It is usually seen in thin built individuals who have lesser subcutaneous fat- a fat cushion layer that is normally present beneath our skin and covers up all these superficial structures to give a smooth looking skin. A thinner layer of subcutaneous fat is not able to conceal your superficial veins properly which can be seen from outside.

Let me reassure you that it is just a normal variation and you need not be distressed. A painless visible pulsating vein is not a health problem.There is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.