Pulse rate is little higher these days. What to do?

my pulse rate is little higher these days. check twice a day it always above 105 and even upto 130. my blood pressure range from 125 to 130 and 90 to 100
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get an ECG...

Detailed Answer:

Pulse rate is variable. It is not looked into as concerning if you are asymptomatic.

However since you notice pulse rate as high as 130, if this is a resting pulse rate (not after physical activity), you can get ECG as well as thyroid function's checked. Your local physician will know about the tests.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Pulse rate is little higher these days. What to do? 2 hours later
I got this test after getting freshup in morning & before sleeping.Also i got married around 10 month back. From that day my weight is increasing and only my waist size is increasing. Can it be a reason of it. I would like to know which thyroid function you are talking about?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight is unlikely to be related...

Detailed Answer:
I am not sure what test are you talking about. If you meant you recorded a pulse using an automated blood pressure machine, I would like you to recheck and verify your pulse rate again manually. You may look at few videos about how to manually check for radial pulse on google or youtube videos to assist with the process of manual recording.

If pulse is indeed high as you wake up and before sleeping, you can get ECG and thyroid function tests done at the nearest laboratory. Alternatively your local physician can guide you.

Please note that pulse rate is quite susceptible to variation. Even simple anxiety and stress can caused increased pulse rate. Therefore varying pulse rate without ECG changes and symptoms are generally not concerning.

Lastly, weight changes does not influence pulse rate.