Pulsation on neck. Normal stress test. History of ablation for SVP. In good physical shape

Healthy 61 year old male in good physical shape. Getting a pulsating feeling on left side of neck ie a prominant throbbing pulse lasts for a few seconds, started this morning and happening with some frequency maybe every half hour.
had an ablation for SVP 6 years ago and a stress test 2 months ago. stress test results normal and otherwise in excellent health.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
A noticeable pulsating feeling in the neck is enough to cause distress. People who are thin built have lesser subcutaneous fat- a fat cushion layer that is normally present beneath our skin and covers up all these superficial structures to give a smooth looking skin. A thinner layer of subcutaneous fat is not able to conceal the superficial veins properly which can be seen from outside.
The pulsations you are feeling could be due to benign muscle twitches which usually subside on taking electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids and vitamin B complex supplements.
Since your cardiac investigations were normal two months ago, there is nothing to worry now.
Do reduce your alcohol (if any) or caffeine intake.
Let me reassure you that it is just a normal variation and you need not be distressed. A painless visible pulsation is not a health problem.There is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.