Pulsation in ribcage, nausea, muscle twitches, done ultrasound and colonoscopy. What is wrong?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
about 6 months ago- i started having pulsating sensation in the middle of my ribcage or the bottom of my sternum.
was told it was the nerves coming back after lipo and saline implants. still having the problem- feels tight and uncomfortable
but, not all the time- it is nawing at me and i full bloated there. also started having nausea all the time/ had a ct with contrast of abdomial and ultrasound of my gallbladder, had a colonospy 3 wks ago and grion hernia days later everything is fine- do have muscle twits alot. help me/ i am so depressed no one knows what wrong
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It seems that you are having mild twitches at the bottom of your sternum.
These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.
Management of this problem in the first place is, if you can at all, to remove any anxiety and stress in your life. This is best done by facing up to your stressors and dealing with them.
It can also be due to excessive alcohol intake, excessive anxiety, diabetes, renal or liver pathology, hyperthyroidism, neural problems, vitamin B 12 deficiency or electrolyte imbalance, etc.
You can start with methylcobalamin supplements and see if this helps. Rest of the causes can be ruled out by your physician after examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.