Pulsating sensation on neck shortly after eating. Its painless. What does it indicate?

I feel a pulsating sensation on the left side of my neck occassionnaly for a few seconds, usually shortly after eating. It is painless, just like a big pulsing or throbbing. What does this mean.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Some common causes for such type of pulsations could be some lesion just adjacent to the blood vessels of neck or some enlargement of vessels or some vascular mass.
It is very difficult to comment without the physical examination and relevant investigation.
Consult your doctor for physical examination and get the required investigation like ultrasound of neck or CT of neck.
One should definitely not overlook such type of symptoms and must look for the cause.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck