Pulsating feel in left breast, no lump, EKG normal. Cause?

Hi, I continue to have a pulsating feel in my left breast. I went to the doctor who examined me, no lump. I also had an EKG done, no signs of failing heart. Yet it continues??
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 14 minutes later

You have provided with good information but it will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Is the pulsating feeling superficial of XXXXXXX seated?

2)     Is there any vibrating sensation or numbness in the area?

3)     Is the pulsating feeling accompanied by any pain, soreness of breasts, chest or back pain, dizziness, rapid heart rate or palpitation ( awareness of one’s heart beat)?

4)     Are you having any stress or anxiety or having any thyroid condition?
Hope this answers your query.

Please do get back with these answers so that I can help you in a better way.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Pulsating feel in left breast, no lump, EKG normal. Cause? 3 hours later
The pulsating is superficial not XXXXXXX at all. No numbness but I guess you can described the feeling a vibrating sensation. No pain or any of other symptoms. I work out regularly most cardio and never notice a problem with my breath. No real anxiety just a very busy life. I just recently experiencing slight pain deeper in not were the pulsating is. Not bad yet though, could be one of those things, all in my head because of the constant awareness of the pulsating.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back and providing these details.

This pulsating sensation may be due to Diabetes, nerve entrapment at the thoracic outlet, vitamin B 12 deficiency, menopause (a high possibility in your case), endocrinological causes and lastly vascular obstructions. The symptoms can be reverted back once the cause has been ascertained.

For this, you need to get your blood sugar levels and vitamin B 12 levels done.

Secondly, get a stress ECHO done to completely rule out any heart condition which may occur at your age in females.

The pain may be due to GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) for which you are taking Nexium. In addition, avoid alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, chocolate or spicy or greasy foods and instead take cold foods preferably liquids like milk and yoghurt. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.

If there is any soreness of breasts, discharge from nipples, lump in breast then it is better to get a mammogram done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.