Pubic irritation after hair removal, suggest lotion

Hi, Can you suggest the best solution to remove pubic hair. The traditional mehtods like using a shaving machien is very difficult and leads to lot of irritation. I have stoped shaving it as I find it very very hard and now I have been using scisor to cut it as short as possible but .
Or is there some kind of a lotion that I can use after shaving which will help to prevent any kind of irritation. Else is there sepecial kind of shaving kit for this purpose.If so where can I buy it. Or may be any better solution.
Please let me know best solution and also where to find it.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 minutes later

Usually shaving is the cheapest and quickest method to remove pubic hair. But yes, there can be some irritation. Use a shaving cream/gel/foam..leave it for a few minutes and then shave. Use an aftershave balm (not lotion). If irritation is too much use Lobate cream.

The second more expensive option is LASER hair reduction. It works well for pubic hair. after a few sessions the hair grwoth will become fine and will also grow slowly.

There is no special kind of shaving kit I know of.

Hope I have answered your query. Feel free to ask any further questions.