Pubic hair on vagina,44 pounds,fatty breasts,no nipple enlargement in 5 year old

My 5-year-old daughter has pubic hair on her vagina. She is 44 pounds and 43 inches tall. I do not perceive any other signs of puberty, however she seems to have fatty breasts. No nipple enlargement so they don't appear to be breast buds to me, but it's hard for me to say. We have an appointment with a pediatric endocrinologist May 31st. I am wondering what the possible diagnoses could be and what to expect at the appointment.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later

Your daughter is showing the development of pubic hairs only at the age of 5 which in medical terms is called premature pubarche which is just a normal variant of sexual maturity.

Now it needs to be decided on examination that whether she has fatty breasts or they actually are the breast buds. If these are the breast buds then she might be having precocious puberty.

A thorough history, physical examination, and growth curve review can help distinguish these.
The girls who have a high-fat diet and are not physically active or are obese are more likely to physically mature earlier.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.