Psychiatric problem, eating disorder, agitated, difficulty in functioning at work. Need a psychiatrist to evaluate the symptoms.

Psychiatrist
Question
I am looking for a psychiatrist to evaluate my nephew who is 24. He lives in Kollam. My sister (his mother) does not know where she can find a psychiatrist. He has been having difficulty functioning at work and in his training as a mechanic, leaving one place after another without explanation. He is now isolating himself, not eating, and gets agitated at times, fixated on a neighbor, getting agitated whenever he sees her.
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Symptoms like: isolating himself, not eating, and gets agitated at times, fixated on a neighbor, getting agitated whenever he sees her, indicate that he is having some alarming psychiatric problem.

Suspicion and irritability towards neighbor may be because of some form of delusion towards her, so your observation may be right. Frequent change in job may also related to such delusion towards others at workplace. For such illness assessment and treatment psychiatrist opinion is must.

Remember one thing that such problem will not resolve with counseling only. He will need some form of drug treatment depending on assessment.

There are several psychiatrist in Kollam to visit. You can get detail from healthcare magic doctor search.

Few are like:
Dr. N Chandrasekaran XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX D XXXXXXX

Your sister can visit them with your nephew. Frequently in such illness patients are not able to identify symptoms of illness and deny for treatment, in that case you may need to persuade him for treatment.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Psychiatric problem, eating disorder, agitated, difficulty in functioning at work. Need a psychiatrist to evaluate the symptoms. 7 hours later
the website does not list addresses or phone numbers - can you provide them for us: they live in aravilla, kollam so it would be great if one of the psychiatrists was near there, but of course, we want the best treatment for him.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Hello again,

I am able to found address of Dr Pillai

Dr. N CHANDRASEKARAN XXXXXXX XXXXXXX RESIDENCY ROAD, ASRAMAM, KOLLAM

Wishing him good health.