Psoriasis on legs, bump on buttocks, soft, liquid-filled, hurts to sit. Should I be worried about it?

Hi, I have had skin issues for the past year. Early stages of psoriasis on my legs and arms and scalp. However what is really scaring me is a new bump that has come on the lower side of my left butt cheek. It is quite a big bump but is very soft, its like there is liquid in there or puss, not sure. Have attached images. This now hurts me when I sit down. I do plan on going to a doctor but I am travelling for work the next week or so. Is this something I should be really worried about and head back home sooner? PLease be honest if this is a really serious issue. The pictures are a bit unclear but its the best I can do while on the road.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I really could not make out anything with the pic you have attached. It is actually very blurred.
However, you gave a good description of the lesion.

this may be a furuncle or a bullae with secondary infection.

The best that you can do while you re travelling is to take a % day course of an antibiotic like cefadroxil 500mg twice daily. This will improve the bump.

You may then see a dermatologist personally.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.