Protein S deficiency, Coumadin and Claritin taken together?

Can Claritin be taken for allergies if you are taking Coumadin to prevent blood clotting? I am a 38 year old man with a protein S deficiency, 5'8" and about 200 lbs.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

Claritin is a anti histaminic drug used in Allergic condition. There were no recorded interactions found betweeen Claritin and coumadin. So claritin can be taken along with Coumadin.
However, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist.
Please consult your treating doctor before starting medication.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.