Protected sex, condom slipped, same condom used twice. Chances of STD?

I had sex for the first time in my life with a sex worker 4 days ago. At first she applied condom on my penis and gave me a blow job. Then she used another condom over the previous one and then we had an intercourse with two condoms. After sometime when i removed my penis from her vagina(without Ejaculating) both the condoms slipped inside her vagina and my penis came out without the condoms(half of the condoms inside her). Seeing that she pulled out both the condoms from her vagina, then she removed the second condom(used for intercourse) and put the first condom again(used for blowjob) over my penis. I Ejaculated with the first condom inside her. Both the condoms were perfectly fine. I have been reading your forums since morning, my concern is:

1. What are my chances of getting infected from HIV/STD?

2. Does putting the same condom again increases the chances of HIV/STD?

3. I have been feeling guilty since morning. Please tell me If I be 100% allright? Do I need to undergo any HIV/STD test.

I didn't do any oral sex on her, except touching her vagina and sucking her breasts.
Please Help! I am really freaked out.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

First of all having intercourse with a sex worker was not a good idea .

It carries a high risk of catching various Sexually transmitted diseases including HIV and it can be transmitted by means of any body fluids as saliva,semen,vaginal fluid and blood.

Secondly putting two condom does not decrease the risk and instead they have the chance of slipping so it should have been avoided.

It is natural to be anxious and have guilt feeling when there is a question, of possible infection with a incurable disease ‎like HIV.You need to know that a person gets infected only when the partner is ‎infected with HIV and (if present)what was the viral load.

Though, the risk of infection, by genital contact, with condom during the act is comparatively less as condom might provide some protection but chances of catching infection are possible if there was exchange of any body fluid.

The earliest test - that can be taken to detect HIV infection is the PCR proviral DNA test.This test can detect the HIV DNA within 15-21 days of the infection.
The sensitivity of the test is 100% and is very accurate test and you can get them done.

A proviral DNA PCR - at 3-4 weeks post exposure - can be confirmatory.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: Protected sex, condom slipped, same condom used twice. Chances of STD? 59 minutes later
But I have posted the same query to other sites also and they say that I don't have any risk for HIV and they say that I have more chances of contracting other STDs.

Sex workers have higher chances of those risks, and I have heard that they take more precaution than then their clients do. Is that true?

I am from urban area of the country i.e Pune. Can you tell me if there are less chances of contracting STDs in a city like Pune, because I have heard that in urban areas less people are affected compared to rural areas.

I didn't exchange any saliva from mouth though. Sex worker was from Jharkhand. She told me that she always used a condom and was not infected by any STDs. can you tell me what percentage of people are affected by STDs othe than HIV??

What percentage of prostitutes are affected by STDs in Urban India?

My anxiety is growing. Every part of the info I provided you in the beginning was true to the best of my knowledge.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

There is no proof to say that sex workers have high or low chances of any particular infection but they are categorized into risk group and majority of them carry infection which even they are not aware of several times.

I do not have any idea how much truth she told that she has any infection or not and I personally do not feel that anyone would share. Also there is no proof to say that urban or rural people are affected.

The accurate percentage cannot be predicted about the STD and HIV prevalence but Maharashtra on an average has 20 to 25% of patients with both diseases and around 2.5 million people on an average are suffering from AIDS in India.

Kindly get the tests done and do not waste time on statistics.

Hope this helps!

Wish you a good health.