Prostrate ultrasound showed prostatomegaly with Insignificant post void residual urine. Any suggestion?

General Surgeon
A recent ultrasound report of my Prostrate reads: measures 5.1X4.5X3.4 cm in size, wt.=4.18 gms., volume=41.8 CC. Glandular outline and echotexture is normal. A nodular calcification of 1.0 cm is seen in central zone. No intra glandular mass is seen. Pre void urinary bladder volume = 326.1 cc. Post void urinary bladder volume = 20.1 cc. Impression: Grade III (41.8 gms.) Prostatomegaly with Insignificant post void Residual Urine. Adv. PSA
I do not have any problem with urine flow at all. What is your suggestion for further action , if any, required from my side at the moment?
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

As long as you do not have any symptoms are the symptoms will be not significant, you should be under observation. With such ultrasound result you should have PSA level checked and if elevated, biopsy of your prostate should be performed.
If your PSA level will be in regular range, you should repeat this tests (ultrasound, PSA and rectal examination) after a year or earlier if urine flow problems will appear.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.