Prostrate cancer, blood test, psa, negative, low white cells. Reason?

my husband took a blood test to chsck his psa for prostate cancer was neg, but the doc said his whitecellswere low supose to be 12 but it was11.somethinghe took 5things of blood to test to see why do you have any ideas
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 18 minutes later

Your husbands PSA is normal. That's quite reassuring.

You have mentioned that, his white cells were low. Supposed to be 12 but it was 11.
I could not understand which white cells are you talking about. Is it the White Blood Cell Counts ?? Or the Urinary WBC Counts.

The normal WBC counts is between 4000 to 0000 cell/cubic millimeter. Its also reported at 4 - 11 x 10 to the power of 3. Now if your could let me know the exact counts, it will be helpful.

You can also mail the report for our consideration.
You can mail me at YYYY@YYYY with Subject: Attn: Dr Kiran Kumar

Hope my answer is adequate, I will be available for further concerns.
Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Prostrate cancer, blood test, psa, negative, low white cells. Reason? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 6 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

The Normal WBC Counts are 4000 - 0000. If his counts are between this, there is nothing to worry.

You have mentioned that his counts were 11. Its seems to be within normal limits.

I do not see any reason for further evaluation.

I might give you a better and more specific reply if you let me know the counts in units. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Be reassured.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran.