Prostate brachytherapy between L4 and L5. What are the metal pieces seen in the Xray?

I am trying to find out why I would have three small pieces of metal, probably the size of staples that have shown up in a xray, which was taken after back surgery for a bulging disk
between L4 and L5. I have had previously had prostate brachytherapy in 2006 . These small pieces of metal are a mystery to me and how I have acquired them. They appear to be located at the corners of a square, which, I assume is about 5 or 6 inches in the area just below the hips. I am thinking that there were four pieces originally and one may have migrated to an area which would cause sharp pain in the buttock and upper thigh after sitting or driving for about 15 minutes. Will appreciated any and all possibilities.
Thanks , XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

The first possibility is that of an artefact. It could be due to metal pieces in your pant pockets while you took the X-ray. It happens so commonly in clinical practice.

The second possibility could be an error while doing the x-ray or an error while filming it.

I seriously doubt if it could be anything left out of prostate brachytherapy. Was the brachytherapy given to the back bones due to metastasis?

Can you please specify the location of these metal pieces again? May I know your age too?

Also, if there is a report of the x- XXXXXXX being reported; please upload the same using the feature given to upload the pictures or reports on the right side of this query page.

Any other details which you wish to give me are also welcome.

Awaiting your response.