Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome?

Question
I am looking for a Dr who can treat froelich syndrome for my 27 yr old son. He has been suffering with what appears to be the symptoms for this syndrome for many years. It was suggested by a health care professional to seek out an endroconogist for him. We live in northern Illinois, Dixon. About 2 hrs from Chicago and 45 mins for Rockford and 1-1/2 from XXXXXXX Wis. His weight issues I fear will wreck his life. He looses the weight under very strict diet and workout conditions. But is unable to keep it off. He has had sleep problems for many years and his body temp has been a problem as well, over heating.
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. Im not sure whether your son is having Froelich' s syndrome or not. If he is then I suggest you must see an endocrinologist even if it means discomfort for patient & guardian. It requires multispeciality care from experts in the field & I'm afraid teleconsultation wont help. I feel it would be unwise of me to try to solve the problem as significant as this by teleconsultation. The condition requires detailed evaluation & team care. So my sincere & humble plea to you to see an endocrinologist in Chicago.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 25 hours later
In Chicago sure covers a lot of territory. I imagine a professional organization such as this could give a bit more specific information as to how to find where the Dr has his practice and contact information. If it takes such a team effort what are your thoughts on Mayo Clinic? Isn't there one in Wis?
By the way thanks for the first answer

Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks. Im not sure about Mayo clinic in Wis but Arizona, Florida have. Mayo will be a great option for your son. There is one more centre of Mayo which Im not getting right now. Just google Mayo and you will find contact details of all 3 centres. If you want to XXXXXXX someone working only on Froelich's you may hav to travel a lot. First find out which of the 3 centres of Mayo is closest & is travelling feasible there. After that if reqd other options can be explored
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 1 hour later
I did also requested information about either yourself, an edroconlogist or someone that you would recommend that would be capiable of handing with this problem that is in the Midwest or Chicago area. I am looking for contact information to get the process started. I was also wondering what the treatments for this syndrome would be.
I sincerely appreciate your help it has been a long and exhausting search with no results to speak of. My son is now an only child, we lost his sister in a car accident and I would really like to move forward and solve this problem. I feel desparate as a parent and my heart is hurting everyday! Please help give me some direction:(. Thank you... XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 6 hours later
You can either XXXXXXX any endocrinologist at university of illinios or university of chicago medical centre. I cant suggest any names in an online forum but i can advise you to XXXXXXX dr. S kukreja at univ of illinios, endocrine department. He will guide you further to different specialities
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 13 hours later
Do I need a referral to get an appointment set up and or what would be the procedure to do that?

Would you have the contact info or can you direct me to where can I find the office contact info for these two places?

Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Referral not reqd as far my knowledge goes. You can book appointment online. Just google the names of these universities youll get all the information
Thanks
Shivaprasad