Prone to constipation. Is whisky or cognac better for me than vodka?

I am prone to constipation. I know vodka is bad for me. Is good whiskey or good cognac any better?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

With your medical history and the medications that you are on, i dont think that any kind of alcohol is good for you.

Also constipation is an independant problem and either vodka/wiskey/cognac wont help resolve the constipation. That is a Gastrointestinal problem and will have to be dealt with laxatives, plenty of water and a high fibre diet.

I would not recommend any type of alcohol as 'good' in any diet plan.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you have any follow up queries.