Prolonged cough. Cures temporarily after taking medication.What is your advise ?

i have prolonged cough about 3 months, i have tried many medicines, while i taking it is good for couple of days after that again cough continuing,

kindly suggested what should i do ?
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Any prolonged cough for more than 3 weeks is considered chronic in nature. I would like you to XXXXXXX a chest physician and undergo a chest x XXXXXXX Complete blood count ,absolute eosinophil count and also a pulmonary function test.
Since you have a long standing history of cough which aggreivates after food I would like to consider cough variant asthma as a possibility in you more so because you have no history of fever.

I hope i have answered you query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery