Profoundly deaf and have been told to take B12 injection. Suggest?

I am profoundly deaf. i have just been told i need B12 injection. I don't understand what is B12.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 54 minutes later

I can feel your concerns and I am sorry to read your history.

Well B12 is a water soluble vitamin available in inject able form.

It gives strength to the nervous system , and plays a vital role in the production of blood in your body.
You can take injection vitamin B12 1000 mg intramuscular on alternate days for 2 weeks.

I hope that your query is answered. If you have any other, I would be happy to answer .
Wishing you a speedy recovery.