Problems when passing stool, bleeding and itching from anus, painful, constipated. Had episiotomy.

Age 31 weight 11 stone. Had baby 6 month ago, had an episiotomy due to problems delivering and babies heart rate dropping. Have had problems when passing stools. Bleeding and itching from anus and pain. Constipated lots. Also feel as though something is bulging slightly into vagina from anus and have a small growth, about 5mm width x 10mm length. It doesn't hurt at all.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 33 minutes later
It is true that pain (moderate to severe) are complications of episiotomy but your symptoms are suggestive of hemorrhoids which may be complicated by child birth and constipation.
Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus which may itch. The most common symptom of XXXXXXX hemorrhoids is bright red blood on stool and may also cause pain, discomfort, and anal itching. For the diagnosis, it is best to consult a general surgeon and get it examined by physical examination or by anoscopy.

First of all lifestyle measures need to be incorporated.
1)     You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Just make sure to increase your fluid intake when you increase your fiber in the diet.
2)     You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids.
3)     However for specific treatment, you have to consult a surgeon. Some of the preferred methods are injection sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation and by surgical method like hemorrhoidectomy. Nowadays laser coagulation and infrared photocoagulation are also used.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Follow-up: Problems when passing stool, bleeding and itching from anus, painful, constipated. Had episiotomy. 42 minutes later
What do you suggest the small growth is that I have coming from vaginal entrance? It is pain free, protrudes slightly out of opening and is pain free. Also what is the bulging I feel from my anus into vagina. This especially happens when sitting on toilet. I am mainly concerned about the slight bulging from anus into vaginal entrance and the small growth I have that is on the vaginal entrance. The growth being pain free and is approximately 5mm width x 10mm or so length.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later

I apologize for the delayed response from my side.

The bulging from the anus into the vagina could be a external hemorrhoids seen in women pregnancy period during pregnancy.They are usually self limited and resolve on their own fastened with some diet modification as mentioned above.

The growth present in the vaginal entrance could be a skin tag or a granulation tissue mass due to the episiotomy wound , which I cannot be sure unless examined. Do get examined by your treating doctor to confirm .

Hope I answered your queries.
Follow-up: Problems when passing stool, bleeding and itching from anus, painful, constipated. Had episiotomy. 15 hours later
I have further examined the vaginal entrance and have noticed that the growth mentioned appears to be XXXXXXX long type growth, flesh coloured. Maybe a little narrower at bottom. Also have noticed a small growth on opposite side of vaginal entrance. As stated I had an episiotomy end of XXXXXXX so don't know whether this is connected? I am very worried. The larger growth is not unsimilar to the dangly thing at back of throat
Hi ,

Thanks for writing back.

As I already mentioned the flesh like growth could be due to the granulation tissue or scar produced due to the episiotomy wound.

I would ask you to get examined by a Gynecologist to confirm the same.

Wish you good health