Problem with sexual intercourse, no penetration. What should be done?

Psychiatrist
Question
i want to talk to a sexologist or urologist
M HVING PROBLM IN SEXUAL INTERCOUSE....NO PENETRATION ...WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I can understand your concern related to sexual functioning as it is very distressing condition.

Please provide me following information which will help me to understand your case and help you better:
•     Do you have problem in erection in penis
•     Duration of your problem
•     Age at which sexual activity was started
•     Frequency of sexual activity
•     Any effect of condom on problem
•     Do you have pain during erection
•     Do you have premature ejaculation
•     Drug name and doses used by you for this problem

But let me assure you that sexual dysfunctions are very much treatable and I will guide you to overcome it in best possible means.

Follow-up: Problem with sexual intercourse, no penetration. What should be done? 4 hours later
thanx...the thing is dat m married for d past 1 year..n about this problm i waqs not aware of until i gt married...till nw me and my wife r nt enjoying full sex...we do love each odr n enjoy d best possible way, but whn it comes to penetration ..m not able to insert my penis into the vagina bcz by d time d penis is erectd, time passes n my penis becomes weak..that means d erection does not last long..so no question of condom..no drug used till now..conscious about d problm more now bcz we hv 2 think abt paqrenting a child...within a year...at d back of my mind i do believe dat wid due help n in due course of time i will b able to enjoy complete sex..m quite optimistic abt it..plz help..

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Your primary problem is erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can be a result of a psychological or physical problem.
Psychological causes: Most common cause in young patients. These include performance anxiety, emotional weakness, inferiority complex, stress, marital or relationship problems, low mood, feelings of guilt, and the effects of a past sexual and emotional trauma. Men with psychological problem usually have normal nocturnal erections and erections upon awakening, whereas men with physical problem often do not.

Physical causes: Include neurological disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases.

What I can understand from your query is that you are not able to sustain hard erection which is required for intercourse. You are 32 years of age and at this age, any difficulty in getting or maintain an erection is due to psychological reasons in most of the cases. I hope you are not taking any alcohol or smoking as sometimes these can also cause erectile dysfunction.

The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil (Viagra) or Tadalafil (Megalis), which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. It is important to rule out medical conditions specially related to cardiovascular system before starting such treatment. Both of these medicines have excellent result in physical causes of erectile dysfunction.

Some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you:
-First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any)
-indulge in physical exercise and eat a healthy diet
-Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress. You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex.
-Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective.

We need to rule out certain medical conditions. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, penile venous incompetency and neurological causes. For that comprehensive evaluation and tests, help of other specialist may also needed.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Problem with sexual intercourse, no penetration. What should be done? 35 hours later
thanx 4 ur reply..should i den hv sum medical check up so dat i can be sure abt any odr physical ailment?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 12 minutes later
Hello again,

Yes, go for check up like: blood sugar level, BP check up, lipid profile and serum TSH level. More test can added by consulting physician.

Apart from that follow other advices as mentioned above like:
-Quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any)
-Eat a healthy diet

Wish you good health.
Regards.