Problem with recurring gardnerella, pain in hips, back and tailbone. Sexual partner on flagyl. Infected from him?

i'm having a problem with recurring gardnerella, and have pain in my hips , back and tail ever since I first got this 18 months ago. After several courses of Clindamycin, it keeps coming back after I have even protected sex with my husband( using a condom). He refuses to take Flagyl for it, and I think I may be gatting reinfected from him.

Is that possible even with a condom, and, can a gardnerella infection go systemic or into the bones of the pelvis ( witout a PID)?
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Recurrent infection has caused pelvic inflammatory disease.Yes,it could have been transmitted via sexual contact. Ideally both partners should be treated with antibiotics,but if you are getting recurrent infection,you have a swab test done and sent for antibiotic sensitivity.If several courses of clindamycin isnt working,then maybe its possible that its resistant to the drug. You may also need injectables.
Severe PID of long standing duration can cause complications, but it usually doesnt invade the bones.
I suggest that you get an antibiotics sensitivity test so that the correct antibiotic can be given to you.