Problem with getting hard erection during sex. Suggestion to overcome this?

I am a 25 year old married male. I m having problems with erection. The erection is not strong enough and while doing sex its getting down after 3-5 mint and also not getting fast erection.Some time i'm getting strong erection and aslo not getting down while doing sex.i want to solve this problem please help me to solve this problem
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 17 hours later
Thanks for the query in HCM

From your symptoms, it seems that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction.

There are two major causes for erectile dysfunction.

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, smoking, diabetes etc

2. Psychological - Most common at your age; Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

Since your erectile problem is situational, it could be mainly due to psychological reasons.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist at your location.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow ups.

Best regards
Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine