Ask a Urologist   »  

Problem with frequent urination. Why do I feel weak? Should I watch my diet?

I've been having a problem with frequent urination. The weird thing is it kind of comes and goes. At times everything seems normal. But sometimes I have episodes where I am urinating every 15 - 20 minutes. This usually lasts for an hour or two them I am ok again. My urine during these episodes is crystal clear. I have no pain but feel little weak. I can usually sleep most the night but sometimes need to go around 4 or 5am. It is too the point where I try not to drink anything if I won't have access to a rest room. Sometimes drinking something sets it off other times I am fine. A couple years ago I had some blood work done and was tested for diabetes but my glucose levels were pretty much normal. I have had this problem for 6 years now. I have consulted few urologists who said everything was normal. Should I be tested again? Any ideas? I am healthy otherwise and exercise a lot and watch my diet.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later

I understand your query and concern.
Since the bowels are at times irregular, bladder too is a possibility.
Both are regulated by nerves, which in turn have an input from the mind(brain).
If u have been tested and infection, stone or tumor in the urinary tract have been ruled out by the urologist, there is nothing to worry.
U can consider it as a body habit and ignore.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts, if any.