Ask a Urologist   »  

Problem passing urine, bladder pressure, bladder pain, no constipation. What is the remedy?

My Mother is recently having problem in passage of latrine. She is always feeling of having a latrine pressure, however whenever she is going for it, latrine is not happening. Infact she is having tremendous pain in the concerned place from where latrine passes. She is facing this problem since 2 months. However she doesn't really have constipation. Please advice the remedy and also please tell what has actually happened to her.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern for your mother.

By the description provided by you, I suspect your mother could be having a problem in the anus and rectum. The most possible cause could be a fissure in the anal canal (Break in the anal/rectal mucosa).

The other important thing to be ruled out is an infection of the intestines - most probably a bacterial or amoebic in origin.

So I suggest you take her to a general surgeon and get her examined completely so that the exact cause can be found for her symptoms.

Sometimes constipation or passage of hard and pellet like stools can aggravate these symptoms. In such cases, you can give her liquid paraffin 10 to 15 ml once in the night daily till the problem is solved. And also make sure that there are enough fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables in her diet.

Please do consult a general surgeon to find out the cause.

She will require a basic blood test called CBC (complete blood counts), and a routine stool examination, and digital rectal examination/proctoscopy.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please write back if you have additional queries.

If you have no further questions, please accept the answer.

Wish your mother a speedy recovery.