Problem if overdose of amoxicillin is taken while suffering from heart failure?

Mistakenly took two 500 mg of amoxicilan 76 frail with heart failure. Could that be a problem?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: No problem Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Although you should always be careful to take the right dosage, a one time dose of 1000mg of amoxicillin should not cause a problem. Just continue taking the medicine as prescribed. Even in your condition, this medicine is usually well tolerated, and a one time extra dose should not cause a serious problem. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need any more help. Regards,