Problem during delivery, locking of pelvic area, pain in the tail bone while walking. What can it be?

May 2013
I have a few problems, first I had my daughter about ten months ago. I had reached ten cm and started pushing, I pushed for around three hours and then the doctor came in and told me I had to have a C-Section. When I first came home I noticed that it felt like my lower pelic area was "locking or getting stuck" it's kinda hard to explain. Second, I broke my tail bone in my teens, cant remeber how old I was, but i know I was a teen. I am now getting ready to turn 23. Well, every once in a while I have some pain in the tail bone area, which is normal for me. But here recently I have felt a very sharp and ongoing pain in the left side of the tail area and its in the bones, not muscles, and not just in the tail, but the left high hip too. Third, my hips. Both of them kinda pop out of place every once in a while. It's not an all the way out of place, just partial. I would normally have to stand and start walking to get it to stop, but now it even happens even if i'm walking. It's starting to get scary. Was wondering if you could give me some insight. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

according to your description the possibilities are,

-because of strain and pressure from fetal head during labor there is chance of breakage of tail bone, the coccyx,
your prior damage might added to it.

-as you might have been kept in lithotomy position for long time during labor there is chance of excessive strain of muscles,
compression of the nerves,
which might be causing pain.

-as ligaments get loosened during pregnancy because of influence of progesterone it will take sometime to become normal, that may be responsible for your hip problem.

so you discuss your problem with your doctor, the symptoms will subside soon and you can take help of analgesics,
if becoming severe, you better consult orthopedic doctor once to find out the exact cause.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.