Problem due to taking Vyvanse and crystal meth together.

Question
I just started taking vyvanse a couple of weeks ago , unfortunately the vyvanse made me crave crystal meth, so I have been doing meth at night and taking the Vyvanse duriing the day. I am a 42 year old male....This has got to be awful for me...oh, and btw I have been shooting meth
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 12 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) has been prescribed for a medical reason in your history. Though you have not mentioned the reason, it is a certified CNS stimulant that has many uses.

If it has produced craving for making you abuse methamphetamine, it means you would need medical rehabilitation help now.

Both the drugs might have many implications in the light of your HIV history. And I would suggest you to stop crystal meth now, and discuss options with your doctor.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.