Primary stage TB, fever, sonography showed pleural effusion, chest x-ray showed mild patch, no cough.

My doctors says based on reports that the TB is at primary stage. a month before i was having heavy fever, later the fever was gone after some antiboitics, then abdominal distintion was noted and sonography was suggested, sonography report confirm plueral effusion and mild asecites. Chest X-ray showed mild patch at upper left side of lungs. The asecites fluid tested TB PCR was negative, but pathology report confirmed TB. On that basic ATT was started last 10 days. Also there is no cough or any symptom of cough. Doctors asked to carry with your routine work like office and other routine activity. But im confused whether i can have sexual intercourse with my girls immediately.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 44 minutes later

It looks like you have TB which has affected many systems including lung. I am glad you were diagnosed in time for appropriate treatment

Tb of lung is highly contagious, a 3 morning sample sputum for acidfast bacilli(TB Bacteria) will be repeated after 2 to 3 weeks of treatment. If they come as negative then you may resume having intercourse, until then please avoid doing so.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have any further concerns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.