Pricking, tingling sensation, lower abdomen pain, gurgling sensation in stomach, on bed rest, pain killers

4 weeks ago I had a pricking, tingling sensation all over my body particularly legs arms and back. Last week I had severe lower stomach pain, still aching, shortness of breath, bp 200 over 100. Bed rest and painkillers taken. Gurgling sensation in stomach.
Many thanks
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand your pain in the stomach region is of concern.

Firstly, reading your query - Your BP is on the high - and you would need treatment immediately if you have not started. (You have not mentioned).

Shortness of breath and aches could be due to the above reason itself.

Gurgling sounds are due to increased bowel movements caused due to hyperactivity of thyroid hormones. I hope you are regularly checking your thyroid levels in conjunction with the doctor.

Pricking and tingling could be due to peripheral neuropathy which needs review with a clinical examination. There is nothing worrisome but you may require Pyridoxine/Cyanocobalamine medications which is a vitamin after consultation with your doctor.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Follow-up: Pricking, tingling sensation, lower abdomen pain, gurgling sensation in stomach, on bed rest, pain killers 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply. I am wondering if the shoulder pain and pain in lower stomach radiating into hips are due to an ovarian cyst?
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 16 hours later
Hello and thanks again.

Ovarian cyst is one of the clinical reasons for pain in the shoulder, and lower stomach region. But, you mentioned a frozen shoulder in your history. Hence, I have not dwelt into these aspects.

In line with my advise, I suggested a physical examination by a competent doctor. Investigation such as Xrays / ultrasound abdomen scan / CT / MRI scans of the abdomen are entailed to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns for now.