Pressure under stomach above vagina with cramps. Is this implantation fertilization? What else could it be?

Hi. I woke up today feeling a lot of pressure under my stomach but above my female part. Now I keep getting minor cramping there especially if I stand a certain way. I was wondering if it could be pains from implantation fertilization. I ovulated on the 14th so is it possible that's what it is? If not what else could it be?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Thanks for consulting us. I would like to tell you certain facts:
1. If you ovulated on 14th April, then today is 20th day of your cycle and fertilization usually occurs within 72 hours of ovulation. It is usually painless ( Although ovulation may cause certain degree of pain). So this pain is not likely to be because of fertilization.
2. Implantation occurs from day 7-11 of fertilization i.e. may be day 21-25 of your cycle (if your egg gets fertilized on day 14 of the cycle or may be later if fertilization occurs at a later date). This is unlikely to produce a pain that has a relation to posture.
3. This pain can be related to any organ system in your including the intestine, the urinary system, reproductive symptom or even musculo-skeletal system. To differentiate, we have to analyze your history particularly the type of pain & associated symptoms.
As per your history, if the cramping has been present for a small duration of time, it looks like there is an intestinal infection that we are dealing with, particularly if you had diarrhoea or vomiting.
We could also be looking at some kind of frequent urination.
I would suggest you get an evaluation with a physician. This will allow an examination and few investigations like ultrasound can be performed.
I hope, I helped you with your queries. Feel free to contact me if you have any other question in your mind. Hope you get well soon.