Pressure & tightness in chest after discharged for bacterial infection treatment, high resting heart rate. Had low BP. Should i be concerned?

42 y/o causasian male (Non-smoker), recently discharged x 1 week from hospital for bacterial infection which entered my blood stream and had a 105.4 fever and Pulse of 168 tachycardic . Have been feeling presure and tightness in my chest since discharged and had my rate checked while resting and it is 132 BPM. My normal rate is in the 80's. I have no fever but face is flushed, should I be concerened? Also have had a low blood pressure.
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
A resting heart rate of 132 beats per minute is on a higher side. The most likely causes can be-
1) Anxiety and stress
2) Anemia
3) Hyperthyroidism
4) Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
5) Heart disorders

I suggest you to get it examined from a physician and get your Hb levels, thyroid function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO done. An ECHO is needed to check out the recent functioning of the heart as you are feeling a chest tightness.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.