Pressure on the chest over the heart, no pain. What can be the pressure due to, is it serious?

feeling slight pressure on the chest -over heart area. Not any pain and it does not modify when i press it.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Looking to your age and complain it is mandatory that you get your self examined by your physician.

There could be various reason for this kind of complain like

1. Heart problem
2. Rise in blood pressure
3. Acidity or gas related problem
4. Muscular pain etc.

Still it advisable that you visit your doctor and get your self examined. Your doctor after examination will decide the need of ECG(cardiogram) etc.

Low HDL is noted; it is not very low so just keep your lipid profile check on regular basis and do some diet modifications and exercise as per advice of your doctor to increase it.

At present what is required is visit to a doctor. Any discomfort in heart area needs to be looked for the cause carefully and should be treated without ignoring it.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Pressure on the chest over the heart, no pain. What can be the pressure due to, is it serious? 17 hours later
Dear Sir,

What could be the probable reasons of weight loss ?

My BP is O.K.
Sometimes I do have gas problem.
Regarding possibilty of muscualr pains, Since long I am regularly doing excises ( aerobic ) for 30 minutes in the morning on daily basis. During the day at work not much movement is there.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

Please visit your doctor as advised earlier.

It is good that you blood pressure is normal.

Still looking to your age I think you need check up and visit to your doctor.

As far as weight loss is concerned, there could be various reasons like

>Improper diet intake
>Some digestive issues
>rise in blood sugar etc.
>thyroid problem etc.

These are among the commonly seen.

You need to monitor your weight on regular basis and if it continues to decrease, you might need some investigation for it also.