Pressure on head, dizziness, pain in left body. Could this be gastric problem?

It happened to me on 22nd night. All of a sudden i felt huge pressure on my head, actually it was feeling like inside head/below skull area accompnied with some diziness like feeling & light pain/pressure in entire left body portion. It lasted for approx 1.5 hour with intensity decreasing gradually. Initially i thought that this could be some gastric problem but it seems it was actually not.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 47 hours later
Dear friend,

It must be disturbing you. Could you answer few more questions to decide if it is anything serious?
Is there a recurring headache?
Was it the 'worst in life" kind headache?
Was there nausea, vomiting? Any fever or viral like illness? Any neck pain? Tingling / numbness in the limbs? Visual disturbances? Any digestion troubles?
Is the headache still there?
Would you ascribe it to anything? Stress/ tensions/ family matters?

If you think it was a ' worst ever' kind headache with no apparent reason you should see a neurologist for evaluation. Sometimes it can be a serious disorder like Sub Arachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH) / aneurysm / bleed, etc., - may be entirely non-significant on the other hand.

Please revert with additional information and any better description. I would be able to guide you further if CT/ MRI scan is needed.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress. If at any point of time you feel the same, please visit the ER doctor - get BP checked and some basic blood tests on examinations.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
May I request for your rating and review of this answer before you accept the answer and close the query (if there are no more follow up questions)?

Good Luck!
Follow-up: Pressure on head, dizziness, pain in left body. Could this be gastric problem? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor

Thanks for your response. Please note that i am not feeling anything that you asked specifically in your reply. Also the headache was not worst ever and i did not had any headache after that, actually i rarely get headache despite the extent of physical tireness or mental tension. It all happended for the first time.

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 44 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the reply.

If no danger signals as above are present, there is not much worry. If any such signs appear, please follow my advice above.

Mild headache is commonly due to muscular tension, worry, bowel gaseousness, sleeplessness and so on. It can be treated with simple analgesics like crocin 500-650 mg up to 3-4 times a day. And there is no need to investigate further at this point then.

Avoid any such stressors and keep happy!

Hope this addresses your concern. Let me know if you have further concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please accept the answer and rate it before closing the query.