Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound showed bilateral mastoiditis. Further?

i was feeling this pressure inside my ear and actually started feeling pain in back of my rigth ear.i actually got panic cound sleep , i decided to go to a ent ,he send for mri .saw the ent aweek later; he said it was some hyrneatic disk , this doctor refer me to a neorologist . .the neorologist send me for two mri and a ultrasound everything came back ok ,the final conclusion was they found severe small vessel soemcdiseas as described bilateral mastoidiis. the neoralogisr refer me back to the ent to evaluated it and prescribed antibiotic.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

MRI and ultrasound have concluded your problem as bilateral mastoiditis, which is a bacterial infection of mastoid bone. This mastoid bone is the bulge on the skull behind ears.

Generally mastoiditis occurs because of chronic middle ear infection and presents as pain behind ears, fever, purulent discharge from ears, redness behind ears etc.

Prompt treatment with antibiotics is the line of management, otherwise purulent discharge destroys the skull bone.

Your treating doctor is absolutely right in prescribing the antibiotics for you.

In case you require further information,you are most welcome to write back.

Wish you good luck and speedy recovery.