Pressure in chest, heart attack symptoms, no reason, low platelet count. Reason for attack ?

I was hospitalized after intense pressure in my chest felt like a heart attack. I was admitted to the hospital for it, but no reason for the attack
could be found. Five weeks later, my platelet count is low. Could this be the result of a heart attack the hospital couldn't diagnose?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later

Low platelets are not usually associated with heart attacks.There are other cause of low platelet counts like infection,bleeding and clotting disorders,anemia,radiation,cirrhosis,cancers,B12 def, etc.
Most often its a incidental finding in the blood work.
If there is a significant decrease and decreasing further then extensive testing has to be done.

You might have experienced severe heartburn which would mimic a heart attack,since you already have history of GERD.If you had a normal EKG then you can safely rule out heart attack for now.However,if you have risk factors like smoking,hypertension etc then angina could be a cause of that attack.
So regular monitoring is necessary.