Pressure in abdomen due to enlarged uterus. How can I relieve the pressure?

I have tremendous pressure in my abdomen are am due to an enlarged uterus. How can relieve some pressure ?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Two options are available.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
This is very simple. I guess this has been proven by investigation that your uterus is enlarged due to some disease process like adenomyosis or fibroids (provided you are not pregnant).
So, the logical way to relieve pressure is a reduction in the size of uterus.
There are two options available: medical & surgical.
Medical options will take time & are not permanent & are associated with some side effects.
Surgical options are invasive (involve surgery), but, are permanent. Complications may occur.
What is best for you depends upon your disease, wishes, fertility status, general health & many other factors.
You should discuss these options with your treating Gynecologist & opt for whatever suits you.
Hope I have given you the desired response.
Wish you good health.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: Pressure in abdomen due to enlarged uterus. How can I relieve the pressure? 10 minutes later
How can I relieve the pain right now?
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try pain killers you often use.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
You may take pain killers available in your house or over the counter, provided you are not allergic to them & there is no contraindication. I can't suggest any specific pill as you have not provided us with any details of your medical & Gynecological history. Better to try ones, you have used before.
Paracetamol is the safest. Dose is 1 gram 6-8 hourly, but, this is not a permanent solution.
Try lying down with 2-3 pillows under your feet. This may relieve some pressure or pain.
Hope you get well soon.
Best wishes.