Pressure behind the forehead and headache. Taken tylenol, panadol. How can it be cured?

Hi. I am currently feeling constant pressure like feeling (for want of a better word.. it feels more like something is behind my forehead area or like a slight headache without the pain) It is somewhat faint yet consistent and while it doesn't hurt at all it is simply there and quite annoying. Even when I sleep and wake up I wake up it's still there. It has happened in the past and while it can remain for weeks on end, it will go away and not come back after quite a while (years). It came back suddenly after I recently debated buying a certain electronic item online then bought it. If there was any trigger, that would be it. I don' t know if that makes sense but that was my mental task at the time. Tylenol and Panadol doesn't do anything to it. I would appreciate any input.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The description of the discomfort in head would makes me suspicious and a will to rule out a common condition like Chronic frontal sinusitis presenting this way.The symptoms you have are typically seen in the above condition.

Do you feel any change in the discomfort on changing head position suddenly ?
Do you feel the discomfort more ,soon after getting up from lying down position ?
Do you feel your head heavy ?

Also there are chances of the headache to be due to stress and is called tension headache.I would consider this as an differential diagnosis unless the sinusitis is ruled in you.

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Pressure behind the forehead and headache. Taken tylenol, panadol. How can it be cured? 2 hours later
Thank you very much for your response!

In answer to your questions:
I feel no change in the discomfort when I change my head position. It is quite constant.
I feel no change when I get up from lying down
My head does not feel heavy.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Based on the history provided I would be convinced that the discomfort in you head you have is due to stress and is called Tension Headache.

This condition is best managed with mind relaxation exercises like yoga and meditation.Though there are medications which treat the problem to the root level , the medications themselves may have side effects of their own.

This is a temporary condition and do not cause any impairment permanently.The condition is limited to the periods of stress.Once its been managed with above said methods its return may be least expected.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.