Pressure at bottom of spine, have gluten intolerance. Related?

I have what I would describe as pressure right above my butt crack or at the bottom of my spine. There is nothing visible there like a cyst or pimple. I find it comes and goes, it's painful not shooting just intense pressure whether i am standing or sitting. I have just recently found out that I am gluten intolerant. Could this be related? I've also heard there are lymph nodes back there. Could that be it? Last night I had night sweats quite badly also. I'm healthy right now and not feeling like I am fighting anything off.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

No , I do not think the symptom you have is related to the gluten intolerance .Also the lymph nodes in that region are XXXXXXX inside and rarely cause such type of intense pressure.

If the pressure is in the superficial layers of the back it could probably be due to the sacroiliac joint inflammation in its early stages.This condition is very common in females of your age due to many reasons, commonest being low calcium levels in the body.A hand on examination would help to ascertain the fact.The earliest it is diagnosed the early it can be cured.

If the pain is XXXXXXX inside then rectal mass is to be suspected.Though rare, it can be considered a potential cause for such a symptom.

Do get yourself examined by your treating doctor and meanwhile apply DICLOFENAC gel over the affected area if the pain becomes intolerable. Apply the gel twice daily.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.